Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday at Busch Gardens

This past Saturday the girls and I spent the day at Busch Gardens. A friend had given us passes a while back and we finally had a chance to use them. We really had a nice day. It was pretty crowded, but the weather was overcast so it wasn't too hot. And most of the people there are wanting to ride the "grown-up" rides, so we were not really in the middle of the worst of the crowds. There is a new section that just opened this past year called Jungala, and there is a very large play area for the kids. There are lots of climbing areas and there are animals on exhibit on different levels of the structure (there are stairs for the adults to use, thank goodness). That was the main area the girls wanted to stay in, and since it was just us, I let them do pretty much what they wanted for the day. And as you can see, they wanted to get their faces painted. Amelia chose the unicorn, and Hannah chose a peacock. The good thing about the paint is that is washes right off. The bad thing about it is that it washes right off. They really wanted to keep it on their faces, but they had to have a bath Saturday night so they had to wash it all off. But they looked beautiful in their "masks" while they lasted. Now they are trying to talk me into going to Disney next Saturday. I just don't think I am ready for that so soon after Busch Gardens. Next week is spring break for my kids, so I think we are going to visit some family we have not seen in a while. If I remember the camera, maybe I will have pictures to post from the trip.





1 comment:

  1. Cool face paint! I am glad my gilrs weren't in hee to see the pictures. They are really wanting to go to Jungala. I better get off the blogs. I have a 7 page paper to type for Allison to take in tomorrow. Reminds me of my college days, and it is just 4th grade!?

    ReplyDelete