Wednesday, December 10, 2008

As usual it has been awhile since my last posting. I have been so busy with work and shuttling the girls back and forth from here to Orlando every weekend. But I have had a very nice week this week, and it promises to continue to be a very nice week. I had a great visit with a friend of mine from college. His name is Ken and we have known each other for about 20 years now! That just seems impossible. We have kept in touch over the years, more thanks to Ken's efforts, as I am always very slow to correspond with anyone. He married a couple of years ago and I had seen many photos of him with his wife, but had never had the pleasure of meeting her. Well, they had come to Florida to visit his sister in Naples and made the trip up to Tampa for the last part of their vacation. It was great to see Ken again (who has barely changed at all since college!) and to finally get to meet his wife, Mary. She is very nice and I really enjoyed getting to know her a little better. We got to go visit the penguins at the zoo, and she is a big fan of penguins. We got to go in the exhibit with them and hang out for a bit. I must admit I really enjoyed it too. Although I work right next door to them every day at the zoo, I never get over that way to see them. So it was neat for me as well to actually be in with them and to touch them and feel what their feathers really feel like. They are very cute and inquisitive, and quite fascinated with anything shiny like our keys and watches.
After our visit to the zoo on Monday, Ken and Mary came to Land O'Lakes tonight and took the girls and me to dinner. The girls were very excited to meet them, and to get to go out for dinner. We never get to do that anymore. They were their usual silly selves, but not too bad. I am sure both Mary and Ken were glad that it was a short visit, however!! If you are not around the girls all the time, then you can really only take them in small doses. They can be a bit overwhelming.
Tomorrow my friend Elaine is coming for a visit. I have not seen her in the last few years so I am very excited to have her here. Unfortunately she will not get to stay very long, but at least we will have a chance to hang out for a couple of days and catch up. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can do a little sightseeing while she is here. 20 years ago I remember visiting her when she lived in Dunedin and she brought me to Busch Gardens for the day. Now we have come full circle and I will be taking her this time. Another wonderful friend of mine that works at the park is going to give us free passes for the day. You know, when I am feeling down or lonely, I just need to think about all the friends I am so blessed to have and be thankful for their friendship and support. Things are not so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. To the contrary . . . Mary and I wished for a longer visit at dinner. Your girls are adorable. I have to find one of those "Grilled Cheese" T-shirts in a Men's medium.

    ReplyDelete