Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Day at Busch Gardens

On Friday I checked the girls out of school a little early and we spent the afternoon at Busch Gardens. Elaine, one of my best friends in the world, was here visiting and the last time she went to Busch Gardens was almost twenty years ago when I came down from Mobile to visit her and she took me there. So now it was my turn to take her. Thankfully, I have a friend that works at Busch Gardens and she had given me free passes for the day. The weather was beautiful, but pretty darned cold. Almost felt like winter. Both Elaine and I love to ride roller coasters, but we had to skip those on this day because I figured it would not be such a great idea to leave the girls alone so we could do that. I did talk them into riding "Cheeta Chase", which is supposedly a kiddie roller coaster. But by the looks on their faces, and the sounds coming out of Amelia during the ride, they did not agree with that statement. I don't think I will ever be able to talk them into riding another ride with me as long as we live. I found the whole thing very amusing, but needless to say, they did not. We did ride "Rhino Rally" which everyone enjoyed. It was a very nice day overall. There was the usual incident where I denied Hannah her God given right to buy a new toy every time she wants one, and that caused some very hurt feelings. But I stood my ground (yea, me!!) and she survived!!! And she has not even mentioned the toy since then. If I could just be consistant with this, my life would probably be so much more calm and less dramatic. I think the saying "Just Say No" applies to more than just drugs!


Was hoping to use this location for our Christmas card this year, but this is the best picture I could get! They love to make me beg for a decent Christmas picture every year, I think.

Here are my little monkeys "grooming" the big gorilla, (and each other) at Busch Gardens.



Posing with the Lion topiary outside the gates to Busch Gardens, and yes, it was cold enough for coats and gloves if you can believe that!






Dancin' in the Streets at Busch Gardens.

1 comment:

  1. We got rythm, rhythm, rythum.......oh, you know what I mean!!

    ReplyDelete