Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Never Seem to Learn...

Here I go again. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to be a good Samaritan and help out the little tiny birds that always seem to appear during the spring. This is a Moorhen chick, and he is my latest project from the zoo. I guess I have a sign over my head, because when it became apparent that he was going to need a little help, everyone immediately looked at me. And what could I say? How could you say no to this cutie? Hard to believe he looks like this now, and will change so much over the next few weeks (hopefully!!). His feathers will be blue and his legs will be yellow, and the red on his beak will be very prominant. Assuming all goes well, of course. Little birds are just sooo hard! And by the way, I am supposed to be a "primate keeper"!!






2 comments:

  1. That is a sad excuse for a bird! LOL He has huge feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison and I came back and watched the video again today.......still one of the funniest looking little birds I have ever seen. Hope he is doing well these days!

    ReplyDelete