Monday, November 22, 2010

NUBBIN

On a very sad note, we just lost our sweet girl, Nubbin this last weekend (Nov. 13, 2010). She had been with me for 14 years. I had her before I was even engaged. So she shared all of the big events of my life with me (marriage, kids, moving, new pets, etc..). She was a pit bull/english bulldog mix, and was deaf from birth. Lots of people would shy away from her because she resembled a pit bull more than anything else, but Nubbin was anything but scary! She was one of the sweetest dogs you could meet. The most dangerous thing about her was her breath! She was so tolerant of the girls when they were babies, even though she was not that crazy about babies. And she was such a help with baby animals we brought home from the zoo to care for. We have video of her trying to get an Axis deer fawn to play ball with her. She could have easily hurt him, but that never seemed to cross her mind. As a result of being deaf, she could sleep like nobody's business. This is evident in the pictures below. And nothing made her happier than to be right beside you. There were times I complained because I could not turn around without falling over her because no matter where I went, she was right behind me. But now that she is gone, I miss having her here. Every morning when I get up, I look to make sure I am not going to step on her, only to realize she is not there. We are really going to miss her, and there will never be another one quite like her. Thanks for letting us be your family for so long Nubbin.

Me, Hannah and Nubbin in Gulf Breeze
Nubbin and Leah after our New Year's Celebration

Nubbin


1 comment:

  1. What a sweety she was! It is so hard to get used to not having them around. Just recently, I started calling Cookie, Jake. Haven't done it before, so not sure what started that. Hope Nubbin and Jake are enjoying hanging around with each other up there in Heaven. I hope they are young and strong again like they were the summer Nubbin came to visit in Texas.

    ReplyDelete