Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gosh, it has been a while since I posted anything on my blog. One of my friends from work, Angela, talked me into setting up an account on Facebook, so I have been playing around with that instead. I have gotten in touch with a couple of long lost friends through that account. Jane, it has been so much fun catching up with you!! I know you are writing to me only because you feel sorry for me, but anyway..... So the girls have picked out their costumes for Halloween. Hannah is going to be a "U.S. Diva", which is basically a really sparkly, groovy camouflage outfit with a nifty hat. I know what you are thinking, but it is what she wanted. And of course Amelia is going to be a princess. A snow princess to be exact. She has a long white dress with a "fur" hand warmer. We are now praying for an extreme cold front to move in by Halloween, or we might just spend the evening in the ER being treated for heat stroke. Don't really think we will snow for the princess. But one can hope. Of course they have worn the outfits numerous times already. Amelia has already dropped an entire plate of waffles and syrup on top of her dress. Luckily for all of us, it did not fall apart in the washing machine. If it had, she would have gone as the raggedy snow queen for Halloween. I think we will get our pumpkin either this Saturday, or Steve will take them to get one on Tuesday. He is usually the one to do the pumpkin buying and carving. I just see the pictures. But he is the "artsy" one, so he enjoys the actual carving of the pumpkin much more than I do. I will definitely have to post pictures of the girls carving the pumpkin, and all dressed in their costumes. Then the next day I can post pics of them in their sugar comas. And this year, with Steve living in Orlando, the girls might actually get to eat their own candy!!
I am signing up for a course to get my certification to teach in the state of Florida. There is a program called Teach and Inspire that seems like it will be a good fit for me, so hopefully by this time next year I can have that completed and already be teaching in a school near you. It will be a huge change from zoo work, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what you have to do.
Ok, that is really all for now. I will be back sooner rather than later, I think. Until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment