Sunday, October 5, 2008

Playing catch-up

Well, I have not been doing very well keeping up with entries for my blog. The toad houses are done, and now Dimples seems to have found a new patio to hang out on, cuz we haven't seen him on ours lately. Maybe Otis just got to be too much for him. The weather has cooled in the evenings, so that may have something to do with it.
I have been so busy lately with the girls, work, trying to sell my car, etc. Daddy came down a couple of weeks ago and brought me a "new" car. It is a 2007 Chevy Cobalt. It is a cute little car that gets pretty good gas mileage, which we all know how important that is right now! Daddy only stayed a couple of days, but it was nice to have him here. The girls really enjoyed having Daddy Hawk come to their house for a change.
Steve has moved to Orlando. He starts his new job at Disney's Animal Kingdom tomorrow. I am not sure if he is "Mouse Material" but it will be a big relief for him just to be away from Lowry Park. Hannah and Amelia are very excited about the free Disney passes he will be getting! That has made them forget about everything else for the time being. Daddy is the greatest-at least until the new wears off!
Things have been a bit hard for me lately, dealing with all the changes in my life. I never expected to be facing life as a single parent, and that has been a tough pill to swallow. But I think the girls and I are going to be ok, and we are trying to get excited about the possibility of moving to a new neighborhood in a new town soon. I am currently scouring the internet for job possibilities in Jaksonville and Melbourne, since I have family in each of those cities to help me with the girls. Steve is still a hands on Dad, but he is not going to be around nearly as much as before, so I think I am going to have to cry "Uncle" and ask for help. It's been a bit hard on my pride and self-esteem, but as they say, "That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I should be pretty darn strong when I get through all of this. Right now I am just trying to figure out how people do this parenting thing on their own. Where do they find the time to get everything done?

No comments:

Post a Comment