Saturday, October 25, 2008

This morning we woke up to perfect weather, so we headed out to the Fall Festival at the local Methodist Church. We took Chloe (our next door neighbor/honorary Lefave) with us. The girls all had a great time doing crafts, playing games, riding ponies and getting buzzed on sugar and caffiene. One of the booths there was one where you could get your hair "painted". That was a very popular booth. I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to paint your hair, but I will bet that they have never had to scrub that stuff off of the car seats afterwards! While we were there we went to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out our halloween pumpkins. Of course Amelia wanted to biggest one there, but finally settled on one that she could actually pick up by herself. They had pumpkins of every size and a variety of colors. I guess I am a little behind the times, but I think it will take me a year or two to get used to the white pumpkins. There were also lots of "warty" pumpkins. Hannah decided she did not want a pumpkin with pimples, tho. Once all was said a done, a decision was reached and everyone, amazingly, left satisfied. Now all that is left is to decide how to carve it. Should it be cute, silly, or scary? I am sure they will change their minds many times between now and then.
Once we got home, I decided to take the rat cage apart and give it a good scrubbing, so the girls took the rats, Sally and Dumbo, for a walk. The rats actully seemed to really enjoy it! They did not mind the leash at all, and were very excited to explore every inch of the neighborhood they could. They were very hungry and exhausted when it was over. I'll bet we don't even hear the excercise wheel going in their cage tonight!! I added a few photos of the afternoon for you to see. Now all that is left is for the girls to get their baths so we can wash all that beautiful paint out of their hair before they fall asleep on my sheets. We are all tired, so maybe we can get to bed early tonight. That would be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment