Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Well, school is going well for Hannah and Amelia. Neither of them has had any homework yet, which has made Hannah very happy. I feel like it is really taking the teachers a long time to get into the swing of things, but do have to admit it makes things a little easier for me for now. Amelia seems to be enjoying school and they both love the fact that they get to ride the bus. I don't understand this since it means they have to be ready earlier in the morning and get home later in the afternoon than if I drove them, but as long as they don't mind I guess I shouldn't either! Amelia does leave her backpack on the bus every afternoon. Hopefully she will eventually decide to take a little responsibility and keep up with her stuff. She is just so excited to get off the bus and walk home with all the big kids. She thinks she is something else now. And the outfits she picks to wear each day....oh my gosh. I should take a picture every morning. She is so much her own person, not caring at all what anyone else thinks about her. Wish we were all like that.
Hannah and 2 of her friends have started a football team. They are having practice each afternoon on the field next door. Seems there is some kind of league in the neighborhood that I am unaware of, as she announced last night that they have a game next Monday against the Vikings. Can't wait for that. I know you all will be scanning the sports section of your Tuesday papers for the outcome. They gave Amelia a "cheerleader" outfit today to wear for the game. It is a long black witches outfit with a red scarf, and black high heeled boots. Can't wait to see this game. Sounds like it will be one to remember. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. You really should take a picture each day. I would love to see them. I will have to get some pictures of some of Leah's combinations. The other day Leah wore a pink and black outfit and finished it off with black, green, and orange Halloween socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...football and witchy cheerleaders? ...count me in!!! I love you girly and those girls of yours are something else!!!

    ReplyDelete