Monday, August 18, 2008

Well, tomorrow is the first day of school for the 2008-2009 school year and my "baby" starts kindergarten!!! I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday Steve, Hannah and I were welcoming little Amelia into our familiy, and now we are sending her out into the great big world. I hope she is ready for it. Heck, for that matter, I hope the world is ready for her!! For those of you that know her, you know what I mean. Both of my girls are growing up way too fast for me. I look at them sometimes and can almost see the women they will be someday. That is both very exciting and scary. It seems like I spend every day trying to make sure they are prepared to handle all of the challenges life will throw their way, and then trying to think of every way possible to protect them from these same challenges. But they are both strong, smart girls. I know they will be ok. Just hope I am!!

I am going to take lots of pictures in the morning and hopefully will get some of them posted to the blog in the very near future. Amelia is so excited about starting school. Hopefully the enthusiasm will last well into the school year. It is all old hat to Hannah and she is already complaining about having to get up in the morning. She is her mother's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment